You may have noticed it's been pretty hot in London recently! Everyone loves a hot day, but not necessarily a hot studio ! Studios can get quite muggy at the best of times, from dancing and sweating in there all day. When the day is hot as well, I like to call it Bikram Ballet, ( Bikram Yoga is a hot yoga style, and it's practiced in a room heated to 35–42 °C)! A hot day has its pros and cons for a dancer
• Warming-up takes less time in the morning
• You are less likely to strain muscles
• Dancers are generally happier !!! We tend to have a deficiency in vitamin D from being cooped up on stage or in the studio, so more sunshine is good.
• Heat can exacerbate any existing injuries by increasing inflammation
• Can make dehydration quicker
• Can bring on fatigue
However, hot temperatures or not it doesn't stop these dancers looking ever so stylish !